Job Title: Legal Secretary
Report Line: General Counsel
Department: Wildstone Legal
The purpose of this role is to provide legal secretarial/PA with a level of paralegal support to his/her Line Manager and the wider legal team.
As the role progresses, the post holder will learn additional skills to carry out duties which will further enhance support and enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency.
This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Providing full generic legal secretarial and PA support, as required, including preparing correspondence and documents through fast and accurate word processing.
- Providing enhanced support and being confident and willing to use own initiative.
- Preparing transactional documents and amending documents from manuscript mark-ups or digital dictation using comparison software to create comparisons.
- Converting, editing, redacting and creating PDF documents.
- Obtaining copy documents and office copy entries from the Land Registry using their online portal.
- Carrying out online conveyancing searches via Searchflow and/or the Land Registry online portal.
- Preparing applications for registration and arrange for submission via the Land Registry online portal.
- All aspects of legal billing, collating monthly invoices from external suppliers and arranging approval and sending to finance for settlement to include dealing with invoicing queries as and when they arise.
- Liaising with external lawyers and external suppliers in a confident and professional manner.
- Opening, maintaining and closing files on the internal systems. Storing and retrieving files.
- Administering electronic filing daily and manual filing.
- Scheduling deeds and arranging storage and retrieval of title deeds in accordance with office procedures.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch either by post or courier.
- Meeting preparation and room booking requirements including organising catering and meeting materials when required.
- Diary management for his/her line manager.
- Attending meetings and liaising with external lawyers and suppliers, both in person, on the telephone and via Teams, and providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in-keeping with the Company’s standards for client care.
- Ensuring that all telephone calls are answered promptly and messages passed on immediately.
- Contributing as a team member.
- Undertaking any specific training when required by the Company and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Company’s and the Company’s clients’ information and documentation.
- Contributing to the Company’s overall business objectives by offering support to other departments when appropriate and when agreed.
- On occasion work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Company considers necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Experience & Skills required:
- Degree in Law is not essential however real estate experience is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a paralegal or legal secretary within a city firm.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate well and in a professional manner is essential.
- Written communication skills: For your administrative duties, you will need excellent spelling and grammar. A high level of written English will be important for many of your tasks.
- Attention to detail: You will need a high level of accuracy when preparing legal documents or filling out forms and statements.
- Organisational skills: These are important for managing lawyers diaries and your own work schedule.
- Able to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using the following:
- Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint Presentations;
- Adobe Acrobat
- Comparison softwar
- Digital dictation software
- External Extranets, Dealrooms and Virtual Datarooms
- HM Land Registry Online Portal
- Searchflow or other online search provider systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work as a team.
- Strong sense of discretion.
- Salary maximum - £45,000
- 25 days Annual Leave (Increasing with service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Salary sacrifice Pension scheme – Totaling 8% contributory.
- Death Insurance (3*salary)
- Group Income Protection (50%)
- Be part of the Company Bonus Scheme.
- Health insurance, can join after the successful completion of 6 months probationary period.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org